Here is a list of all our important pages! These must be read through before you decide to start editing and creating pages - we will not accept ignorance as an excuse especially for breaking our more serious rules (don't worry, they are all common sense!).
If you have already read our rules and guidelines but need a quick refresher there is also a short summary of all the important info below.
This is the most important page and needs to be read through carefully before you are set free on the wiki. These are general rules and some of them should just be common sense. We won't be harsh on improper English however some of our more serious rules such as being blatantly offensive or disrespecting other people's privacy will be dealt with severely.
- Previous breaching of the rules will be taken into account if you wish to apply for a higher position such as editor or moderator.
This is a quick helpful guide on how to work the wiki! Do not be afraid to send us questions or ask for help, it can be quite difficult at first but it is quick and easy to get the hang of.
Unsure what you are supposed to add to a page? Read through here! It contains a quick summary of what you can add to a page and some examples.
Even if you think you know what to add have a quick check just to make sure that it doesn't breach any rules and will fit the style of the wiki.
- Please be aware that this website is intended for event and anecdotes about BRGS, specifically at school (or on school trips). It isn't a gossip site and should not be used to post information about peoples' personal lives, both students and teachers. Any information posted that isn't relevant to the school and its occupants, will be removed, and the poster warned. If a staff member has told you a story in lesson (even if it isn't related to BRGS) this is still ok to share, as long as the staff member has told you the story themselves.
- This rule covers any information about lives, including where someone was born, email addresses, mobile phone numbers and so forth. Adding these details to the site (even if they are your own details!) is a breach of this policy and will result in a reprimand from the moderators/admins.
- Also, please ensure that rumours about teachers, students etc are NOT posted. We understand that some people may have no issue with certain facts being made public, but as we cannot verify who is behind a username, we cannot possibly know if the person in question has given their consent. This is not Facebook after all, and the site must be kept factual and relevant to school life. If you are unsure what to put, have a go on the old BRGS Wiki 'random page' link - you'll usually come across some good examples of what to put on a student page!
- As ever, if you have an issue with the content of this site, ask us via DM on Instagram or send an email to us and a Moderator can alter or delete it if necessary.
Unfortunately, to keep the wiki a safe and positive community we need some kind of hierarchy. Once you have registered an account you should be able to do most things, yet we have moderators and admins in place to keep you safe, and make sure the wiki is free from any vandalism or bullying.
Congratulations! You've made it! You are now ready to create an account and begin editing on the BRGS Wiki.
Still got unanswered questions? Head here.
¶ Thank you for helping us to keep the Wiki a safe and fun community 🙌🐿
TL;DR - be nice